Wednesday, January 19, 2005

For Starters

New year is best known for new resolutions or old resolutions that didn't materialize thus beginning it anew. I have to say that I believe in resolutions. The thing is I have three problems concerning it. One is that I normally fill up one page of my diary with it, but having no conviction to really do all of it. Second is I usually give up doing all of it or some, and, finally, and this is where the big problem lies, I tend to forget my resolutions.

This new year, I summed all of my resolutions into one - that is: to put to death all the negative attitudes everyday. This, of course, stems from my desire to grow spiritually. What I really love about my resolution is that it is easier to remember. The consequences, I love as well. But the process is of different matter entirely. It would involve so much of me (oh no!). It has so many implications and I don't have the inclination to name even one. Forgive me, but I am still in the process of stuffing all the possible implications into my already toxic system.

I'm not so sure I could consistently do all these, but one thing is for sure: my resolution would teach me to surrender myself wholly to the Maker. And this is what I am aiming for.This is it. I myself couldn't remember what I ate during the day I thought of this all-too difficult resolution. So I say to you, are you also willing to murder (is this too bloody?) your evil side? If yes, tell me. I would very much like to have a partner in this crime.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

There is no evil side of anybody. Just bad thoughts. Your thoughts can be likened to a garden. If you will entertain bad thoughts, it will grow in numbers and will solidify into bad habits which will become you bad circumtances in life. Kill them all the moment you will have bad thoughts and life will become beautiful. Try it for one month and see the changes in your life.

July 21, 2006 at 4:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home