Monday, November 15, 2004

a new day

Good morning to you!Here I am, bubbly again (or so I mustered). I prayed a prayer of comeback a while ago, a thing I've been meaning to do since the day I was devastated by horrible news. I figured, what would I lose? He is a gigantic God and problems are mere fungi. I realized that leanong on your emotion to sort things out isn't the right thing. The right thing is to be strong in faith, to look up to Him AND to go to Him for comfort, not on other temporary things and certainly not on people.
You know, the scary thing is I know these things but in my pigheadedness I plainly refused to let these facts sink in. You see there are times that a miserable person would gladly cling on to misery rather than hope. I am right, right? You smile. Well, the explanation is that we sometimes find comfort in misery because it is a known ground, but hope? NUh-uh. Hope is something kinda far-fetched and so you would sigh and tell yourself that you are merely building castles of sand. Then you would abandon hope and fix on misery. Poor you, poor me...but that's the reality.
As Christians, we should hope on one thing and one thing alone: that in everything God works for the good of those who love Him. There will be a lot of tribulations that will threaten to crush us, but we should take heart because we have Jesus. This is not our fight it is His. If you think I'm bluffing, well, GO READ YOUR BIBLE, MAN!
I am really okay now and it feels sooooo good!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

anders to--
glad to hear (or read) ur okey na. sana mahawaan mo ako.
havent read my bible for some time. but i read SANCTUARY regularly. it's a great book. minsan swak sa araw ko.

November 16, 2004 at 2:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home